KinkyCon Event Rules
Please download, sign, and bring to the event.
We potentially share the hotel with other guests, children, groups, and hotel staff, all of whom deserve our respect. Our commitment to the hotel is, in essence, to make sure that no one has a reason to feel uncomfortable with our presence. We strive to build a solid, trusting relationship with the hotel, and as long as we keep to ourselves, we hope they will be happy to provide a space for us. Accordingly, here are some things you need to agree to.
You must respect hotel guests and staff by:
- Wearing “Family Friendly” attire in all hallways, public and common areas of the hotel
- Keeping kink conversation out of hearing range of hotel guests and staff.
- Not approaching other hotel guests to ask them if they are part of our event.
- Respecting other’s privacy. What is done/said/seen here, stays here.
- Not giving out detailed personal information about people in attendance.
- Wear your wristband and ID badge at all times when in the Con spaces, in both the hotel and conference center.
- Familiarize yourself with and follow the cell-phone and photography policies.
- Familiarize yourself with and follow rules for each space.*
- Follow the instructions of KinkyCon security and staff.
- *Rules for each space will be posted inside, near the door.
"Family Friendly" is much more conservative than "Street Legal."
Understand that there is no play or disruptive behavior of any kind allowed in the hallways, public and common areas of the hotel. This includes:
- Wearing or displaying rope, fetish gear*, -including hoods, masks, toys, or leashes.
- Any sort of BDSM play, impact play, spanking, groping, biting, leading on a leash etc.
- Loud noise or any behavior that might be disturbing or offensive to hotel guests or staff.
- *Special exception for Collars. If you wear your collar to the mall, feel free to wear it here!
There is a strict NO PHOTOGRAPHY, NO RECORDING DEVICES and limited cell phone usage policy. You must keep your phone silenced and step outside for calls.
There is no sexual activity allowed at the Con or the party.
- “Sexual activity” is defined here as: body parts or toys inside of other body parts, hand/oral to genital contact, or using toys like vibrators on genitals, either directly or indirectly.
Exceptions: Kissing and contact that is required by the nature of the class or presentation.
Alcohol and drugs are prohibited at the con and at the party, and anyone appearing intoxicated or under the influence will be immediately ejected from the Con.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in being ejected from the Con with no refund.
For gender-nonconforming individuals, just walking through the door of a public restroom can be stressful, and many have experienced harassment in restrooms. We ask everyone to respect the right of others to use the restroom of their choice. We appreciate your help in ensuring that all persons have a positive experience while attending our event. It is important that we work proactively to create safer spaces for ALL people whenever and wherever we can.
- If you prefer a GENDER SPECIFIC restroom, they are located in the hotel, lower level, near the Adams room.
- If you prefer an ALL-GENDER restroom, they are located in the Conference Center behind registration.
- There is NO outside food allowed in the Conference Center.
- There are vending machines located in the hotel.
- You may bring food into the hotel classrooms, but please be respectful of those around you.
To protect the privacy of all Con attendees, we respectfully request that any food deliveries be picked up in the lobby of the hotel.
- “Private events” shall be kept inside guest rooms with doors leading to the hall kept closed, and shall not block or impede any hallway, fire escape or flow of foot traffic.
- Locations of “private events” within the host or overflow hotel(s) may not be advertised publicly by any means. This includes online, at community tables, vendors, and organization spaces or elsewhere on the hotel property.
- Invite people to your event by direct invitation only.
- No play or disruptive behavior of any kind is allowed in hallways, public, or common areas of the hotel.
- Please be mindful of noise, or any behavior that may be disturbing to other guests or hotel staff AND take precautions to keep such disturbances inside your room!